I Killed My Husband By Accident, says Wife

WIFE KILL HUSBAND

A TWENTY-seven-year-old woman, Folashade Shodiya, who is presently under interogation by operatives of the Lagos State Police Criminal investigation Department, Panti, Yaba, has explained that she was forced to stab her husband to death because he habitually maltreated her at home.
Investigation by Daily Times revealed that Shodiya, who is a clothes seller, was living with her husband, 39-year-old Jude Ig­bedion, at Balogun Street, Owu­tu in the Ikorodu area of Lagos.
Shodiya, an indigene of Abeo­kuta, Ogun State, was arrested for allegedly stabbing her hus­band to death. The case was re­ported at the Owutu Police Divi­sion.
Daily Times learnt that what resulted in murder started as a quarrel between the couple over issues bordering mainly on fi­nance.
In her statement to the Police, Shodiya explained that when the beatings she suffered from her husband reached a level, she thought of poisoning herself. She added that on November 13 when the murder incident occurred, she had taken their kitchen knife to defend herself, only for her husband’s chest to hit the object.
She said: “About 9am, there was another quarrel, during which he beat me. I ran outside to our kitchen and then picked a knife trying to scare him. I stood at the door with the knife. As he opened the door, his chest met the object; he fell and started to bleed.
“I did not deliberately kill my husband. That was why I did not run away. Instead, I called my neighbours for help, and we tried to rush him to a hospital. Unfortunately, he gave up on the way. That was when they report­ed to the police. When the offi­cers came, they still met me and my baby at home.”
Deputy Commissioner of Po­lice in charge of State CID Panti, Gbenga Adeyoju, confirmed the incident, adding that the case was being investigated by the State Criminal Investigations Department.
A police source who spoke with our correspondent, ex­plained that the suspect, Shodiya would soon be charged to court.
when the SCID concludes its ongoing investigations.

Comments